What the Next-Generation Conference Participant Really, Really Wants
September 25 @ 10:00 am - 1:00 pm EDT
Hosted jointly by
An increasing number of associations are greying right before our eyes. Attracting the next generation member and conference participant has, and will continue to be, critical to organizational sustainability. In this program, you’ll discover illuminating insights about what society wants and expects today from your conference. You’ll also discover what drives people away from your events or association, and what compels them to keep coming back.
From this session, you will learn how to:
- Identify strategies for applying the findings about audience’s needs regarding institutions (including associations, conferences) from the field of sociology.
- Evaluate strategies and indicators (good and bad) for a sustainable conference business model.
- Discuss the shift needed in your conference from 20th century demands to 21st century demands.
- 10:00 a.m. – Networking/Registration
- 10:30 a.m. – Introductions & Sponsor Recognition
- 10:45 a.m. – Dave Lutz Presentation
- 12:00 p.m. – Lunch
- 1:00 p.m. – Program Concludes
About our speaker, Dave Lutz, Managing Director, Velvet Chainsaw Consulting:
In 2006, Dave founded Velvet Chainsaw Consulting, an industry-leading business improvement firm that helps conference and tradeshow organizers grow or transform their major face-to-face conferences. Prior to becoming a consultant, Dave was with Experient for 22 years, where he served as President of both the Meeting Planning and Registration divisions. Dave is a frequent industry speaker, facilitator and author specializing in large conference innovation and growth. Areas of expertise include conference business models, strategy, attendance marketing, sponsorship programs and meeting technology.
Member (PCMA, MPI, OSAE): $45
Thank You to our Sponsors!