- This event has passed.
Joint Industry Event 2019 – Mastering Stakeholder Management
September 30, 2019 @ 10:00 am - 2:30 pm EDT
Many meeting planners struggle with getting visibility and buy-in from leaders of their organizations. They often feel their role is misunderstood and undervalued. It’s time to change the paradigm! Effective stakeholder management is the key to getting your voice heard and elevating your career.
This session will introduce a simple stakeholder management tool that will immediately change how you handle internal and external stakeholders for your events. During the session we will discuss how to identify and manage stakeholders in different event scenarios.
Brought to you by the MPI Academy and the San Diego State University School of Tourism and Hospitality Management, this session will give you a free sneak peek at the education offered in the Master’s degree program in Meeting and Event Management launching in 2019.
To register for the event, select this link.
- Identify and distinguish project stakeholders using Interest/Power Stakeholder Analysis Matrix.
- Learn to manage individual stakeholders effectively to gain buy-in and achieve your objectives.
- Gain confidence and respect from your company’s leaders by presenting information and data effectively.
This program has been approved by the Events Industry Council for1.25 hours of education under Domain F: Stakeholder Management for the CMP designation.
10:00 a.m. – Networking/Registration
10:30 a.m. – Introductions and Sponsor Recognition
10:45 a.m. – General Session – Mastering Stakeholder Management
12:00 p.m. – Lunch
1:00 p.m. – Lunch Conclusion
1:30 p.m. – Workshop – Data-Driven Event Design
2:30 p.m. – Workshop Conclusion
Carl Winston, Director of the L. Robert Payne School of Hospitality & Tourism Management
Tracy Judge, MS, CMP, Founder & Chief Connector of Soundings Connect
General Session options:
Members (PCMA POWER Chapter, MPI Ohio, OSAE): General Session/Lunch – $45
Non-members: General Session/Lunch – $65
Students: General Session/Lunch – $10
Workshop options (Members only for an additional fee – PCMA POWER Chapter, MPI Ohio, OSAE; limited space):
Members ONLY: General Session/Lunch/Workshop – $65
Members ONLY: Lunch/Workshop – $45
Data-Driven Event Design
We can’t achieve success unless we know how to define it. In today’s world we have no shortage of data or tools to capture it. However, we consistently see events planned without defined objectives and with no measurement tools in place. If we want to be able to define success, we must first understand what data we need, what tools are needed to capture it, and how to leverage it to support event objectives?
Brought to you by the MPI Academy and the San Diego State University School of Tourism and Hospitality Management, this session will give you a sneak peek at the education offered in the Master’s degree program in Meeting and Event Management launching in 2019.
- Define event objectives that satisfy key stakeholders
- Identify key metrics for defining success
- Select tools and technology to capture and report data
This program has been approved by the Events Industry Council for 1 hour of education under Domain G: Meeting or Event Design for the CMP designation.
Last year’s joint event sold out – register today to guarantee your spot!
Community Service Project at the Joint Industry Event:
Our 2019 Community Service goal is to again deliver 1,000 toiletry bags to the Nationwide Children’s Hospital Parent Resource Center. Please help us meet our goal by:
- Donating toiletries (individual or cases) at the September 30 event – we need shampoo, conditioner, body wash, body soaps, facial soaps, lotions, shower caps, personal care items, leftover conference bags.
- Donating money so we may purchase needed supplies – we’ll be collecting at the event.
- Staying after the joint event program to help stuff bags and deliver to Nationwide Children’s.
Thank you to our sponsor!